Saturday, July 7, 2007

A Letter from Michael

Michael writes:

Thanks for the latest on the blog. It seems like every time you take
a break you come back even better and more energetic.

One item - I can't believe you haven't mentioned the commuted
sentence of iScooter (not the new Steve Jobs device).
As much as I try to support our President, even I shake my head at
this one. This one ranks up there with his nominating
his legal counsel to the Supreme Court.

Again, keep up the good work.

Michael,

You are surprised about the Scooter Libby deal? WHY? Everyone could see this one coming from miles away. Don't shocked when the full pardon comes down before W leaves office.

I can understand honorable people wanting to support the president, but W has done absolutely nothing over his two terms in office to earn the support of any rational American, irrespective of political philosophy. Nothing. W's incompetence, stupidity, and arrogance are a toxic brew.

Thanks so much for your kind words. As I said when I started this endeavor, I have a day job so I don't spend my days sitting in my underwear at my computer. Matt Drudge pretty much has that gig. I blog for fun as I define it, and since it's my blog, I can pretty much define it as I want. I tend to do my better work when I am in high dudgeon. And sometimes there just isn't a hell of a lot that I find intriguing. I feel no compulsion to write daily if nothing grabs me . I don't have an editor sitting on my shoulder demanding 800 words by deadline. I have been in the journalism business, and while working against a tight deadline can be a rush, it can also be a pain in the ass.

Again, thanks for your kind words and please pass along this website to those who might appreciate it.

TRM

No comments: