Thursday, July 5, 2007

Brian Writes...

Thanks so much for reprinting the Declaration of Independence on your blog.

It is amazing, reading through the grievances of our forefathers against King George III, the horrifying parallels of crimes that our sitting President is inflicting upon our citizenry.

I can only hope & pray that common sense returns to the Body Collective soon and justice once again reigns supreme.

Brian


Brian, it seems that "Common Sense" is not so common anymore.(Where is Tom Paine when you really need him?!)

All I am trying to achieve is to create a place where rational discourse can take place. Real conservatives have something valuable to say. Liberals have something valuable to say. But those high profile crypto-(and not so crypto) fascists of the right, and the jackals of the media who have created the so-called " freak-show" have so poisoned the political atmosphere that rational discourse is almost impossible.

As I said, it is my tradition to read the Declaration of Independence each year to remind me, and those around me, what those framers struggled to bring forth. It was an earth shattering concept in government. That precious heritage belongs to all of us, not just those who grandly wrap themselves in the flag and declare all who disagree with them to be traitors. Thats why I fight my fight.

So, friend Brian, thanks for dropping by and adding your words.

TRM



PS Great movie to watch on a rainy Independence Day-- 1776 - starring William Daniels, Ken Howard, and Howard da Silva

No comments: