Monday, February 25, 2008

With Friends Like These....

Louis Farrakhan says Barack Obama is the next great black hope. I'm sure the Obama people will go to court to obtain an order of protection to make sure that Farrakhan comes no closer to Barack than a global hemisphere.

Then this story made me ill.Really just churned my stomach.

On the other hand, a NYTIMES/CBS poll shows Obama as most likely the candidate with the better chance to beat McCain. Men strongly back Obama. Women had been supporting Hillary, but that support seems to be eroding.

As I previously noted, I believe that a significant number of people polled might say that they could, or would, vote for either Obama or Hillary in a general election; I have to polling proof to support my gut feeling , but I do believe that many people, despite what they tell pollsters at this point, will not vote for either a black man or a white woman.So at this moment, I say that, barring anything unusual happening from now until the election, Obama doesn't have as much support as he might think.

No comments: